An interactive, dimension-hopping portal fantasy romance from Choice of Games' romance imprint, Heart's Choice.* * *Find true love and family with a pirate crew at the ends of the universe, where alie... more
- I mean, I think it's pretty good~
- I really enjoyed this story! The diverse characters and exciting adventure Dawnfall has in store is one I really can’t recommend checking out enough!
- Dawnfall is not like any other romance game I've ever played before, on multiple levels.The first and most obvious is the sheer lengths that the author has gone through to make sure that this game is as inclusive as possible. It's probably the MOST detailed game I've ever played in allowing players to pick their own pronouns (for a lot of nonbinary players this will be the FIRST TIME this has ever been an option) and the exact kind of relationships they're interested in. Want some mildly steamy ... more
- This was more than a book for me, and better than a 3D video game RPG, something rather more than both. Perhaps it is because I come up from MUDs, text-based roleplaying, that this format seemed so natural, comfortable, and right.I don’t want to do spoilers, so I’ll just say a bunch of words like transcendent, compelling, emotionally stirring, and starving for your attention. You won’t want to look away, even for your silly little livetweet of the experience - and it IS an experience - and... more
- As a nonbinary, aromantic asexual person, it's almost impossible to find media that represents me. Dawnfall is the first time I've really gotten to see myself on the page (screen?). I got to play a nonbinary character whose pronouns were never once questioned. I got to play an aromantic asexual character who was never pressured into dating and/or sex (I ended up dating everyone anyway because why not?)Dawnfall is an engaging story, with a world that feels real and characters that felt unique and... more
- This was So. Much. Fun. I hadn't expected it to be so addicting. It honestly became a bit of a problem, because I really should have been studying the past few days, but I couldn't stop myself from reading "one more chapter" over and over until I finished it. Then I immediately started playing it again to get different endings. Definitely not good for my productivity, but man, I enjoyed it. And god, it was so freaking diverse and inclusive in so many ways, which I really really appreciated. It ... more
- I highly recommend this to lovers of interactive games and choose-your-own-adventure novels! I was scared my opinion of it would change after my review of the first four chapters (on my website), but it never did. This book/game just kept getting better.
- I'm not usually one to rate books before I read them. But this is different. 1. It's interactive, and draws you in from the very first sentence. 2. It's RoAnna Sylver, an author whose works I'm pretty sure I'll always enjoy. 3. The first four chapters are available NOW, for FREE! So I've already started it, and I can confirm, it's incredible. You play as one of two fantasy races, part of a team of Portal Navigators who get hurt in a storm. There are hijinks, adorable friends, feisty Ghost Queen ... more
- Wow. Science fiction and romance? Damn, who knew I loved the two mixed together? RoAnna writes very distinct characters, I could tell which main character was talking by their utterances and body language. Zenith, Averis, Oz, and the Ghost Queen are awesome, complex characters. I’d love to read more about them, especially the Ghost Queen. My only issue with the novel was the amount of information barrelled at me, it was a lot to take in. I did appreciate the addition of a glossary though, I fe... more
- I had no idea I could enjoy choose-your-own-adventure novels so much if they were digital. I'm on my second playthrough and definitely planning on a third. This has everything: romance, adventure, magic, aliens, pirates, a place that responds to the inhabitants' wishes, gender diversity, birds…